Friday, August 29, 2008

What a blessing...

Some people are put in your lives to enrich and embolden you. That was definitely my grandmother. She taught me many little things- some of them trivial in nature but always with a moral. Whether it was playing cards and not cheating, even if you are playing solitaire and no one will know, or doing your chores right the first time not the fastest time.

She was an amazing woman who raised 6 amazing children. She was hard headed- I think that is where I get it from that and my ability to grow long nails in a week! She was a loving person and I love her very much. I am proud to have some of her amazing characteristics.

I think about her from time to time and see how many lives she affected just by raising 6 children- how many families have started from there and how much good she is still doing through the values she taught her children that were passed to her grand and great-grandchildren. I hope one day my life can be looked at as having such a great influence on others through my family. That is probably the best testament of a life.

So for now, I will look at the lives living on in her memory and watch children grow up and flourish all because of my grandparents and how they raised a family.

I miss you and I love you Grandmama B

No comments: