Thursday, May 07, 2009

Scattered

This is a scattered post but I suppose there is a theme- encouragement.

I did not know this woman’s face nor did I know her name. I read it this morning on Love 89’s site and decided to find out who she was and why Pat Summit was at her funeral. This is a touching video and well worth the time to listen, even if you cannot watch it. There is a lot that comes into focus when you know you don’t have much time and I hope this puts your life into perspective and you are encouraged by it.

Secondly, I heard about this book on Love 89 this morning. The author, as it turns out, goes to my church. The book just seems like a good read for any woman who has children and struggles to keep her own identity in Christ while still being mom and wife. I may end up getting this for my mommy-to-be friend for a shower present! The author’s site can be found here. If you join Chick-Chat on Love, they will give you a 20% off coupon to use at Cedar Springs Bookstore. My favorite passage on her site is this-

“I am grateful to be God’s child, knowing my life is in His hands and He is in control of my time. God also reminded me of the scripture that says “whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” 1 Cor. 10:31 I am serving Him as I wash dishes and do the laundry because I am serving my family! What an awesome opportunity and blessing to know that I am where He wants me doing what He has called me to do.

I just wanted to encourage some moms who may think that your work at home is meaningless. God says that He knows those who trust in Him and is close to all who call on Him. I pray that today you will call on Him and know that whatever you are doing, do it for the glory of God!”



I love you all-

No comments: