Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Two things

Anonymous. It's a title that cloaks people who are not brave enough to state their opinions and ideas and attach a name; it affords them the ability to attack at a whim people who are not hiding and who are publicly stating their ideas and opinions. It's an act of internet cowardice and I have decided to no longer respond to it.

This is the last post I will make regarding comments from anyone who attempts to post as "Anonymous". In his/her last comment, you could feel the hate spew from the screen. It is always a sign you have won a debate when the other side resorts to name calling, rash generalizations, sexism and stereotypes.

I am a stickler for grammar- particularly your and you're and the like. I am not perfect, no one is, but if you are going to attempt to insult someone, it is best you use proper grammar. Another thing I assume someone in the South isn't expected to understand.

This is the end of Anonymous. If you have something to post and would like to comment, find the courage to post under your real name and engage in thoughtful, calm, rational debates, in which no name calling is tolerated. I do not tolerate childishness, sexism or stereotyping.

It's my blog; I make the rules. If you can't stand behind your ideas and opinions by posting under your true name, then perhaps you shouldn’t post at all.


No comments: