Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Worth noting..

Canada is not the only failure in national health care. Someone recently asked me why I didn't discuss the Cuban model instead of Canada and suggested that perhaps it was because it was the ideal model.

Ideal? To prove my point of how things go awry when government is involved- yes, it is ideal!

Here I thought I might find something enlightening regarding the good sides of government run health care. Nope, just more reasons to oppose health care legislation that puts the government more in my life than they already are.

Don’t get me wrong. I do not hate the government. I respect its institution and the need for laws (after all, I want to be an attorney) and someone to enforce them. Beyond that, I do not need the government intruding into my life and telling me how I should raise my family. It has gotten too big and too all encompassing. We need a limited government that protects the people not controls them.


http://www.nationalcenter.org/NPA557_Cuban_Health_Care.html

No comments: